News in Brief

Homecoming Dance

Homecoming is a long-standing high school tradition. Laguna held its annual homecoming dance on Oct. 18.  Laguna kept its own tradition by keeping it casual. The theme of the homecoming dance was “White Out,” meaning everyone dressed in all white.  Students continued another tradition: low attendance to the dance.  “I thought it was fun. It had good music, it had a proper ambience, there was just a lack of students, and the attitude towards it before it occurred wasn’t the best,” Jose Mariano ‘16 said. “If we have every student wanting to partake in it – to increase school spirit – it could potentially be one of the best annual events,” Mariano said.

9th and 10th Grade Trip Announced

Last spring break, 32 ninth and tenth grade students visited New York City on a cross-curricular experiential learning trip led by English teacher Ashley Tidey, who is making plans for another student trip. This spring, instead of going across the United States, the trip will take students across the Atlantic Ocean, where they will spend five days in London. Highlights of the trip include: visiting the Globe Theater, the Imperial War Museum, the BBC Multimedia Arts Building and more of London’s attractions. They will also get to watch a Barclays Premier League Football game.

Entrepreneurship Club

New at Laguna! Laguna Blanca, with the faculty supervision of Paul Chiment and Blake Dorfman, is offering an Entrepreneurship Club, which allows students to promote their business ideas and help create businesses. The club had an over-estimated interest by students who would like to learn more about Entrepreneurship and other students who would like to develop ideas. To sign up, talk to Paul Chiment.

ImageProxy.mvc