Kate Bergstrom Honored by Alumna

Kate+Bergstrom+Honored+by+Alumna+

Laguna grad and University of Chicago freshman Margaret Lazarovits ‘14 recently nominated Theater Arts instructor Kate Bergstrom for the University of Chicago’s Outstanding Educator award.

Incoming university freshmen can nominate past educators who have changed, challenged and helped them in their intellectual growth process for this distinguished award.

“I chose Kate for the Outstanding Educator award because not only has she enriched my experience at Laguna and provided me with invaluable opportunities and life lessons, but she also has given so much to the community around her in such a short amount of time. The theater program at Laguna has been gaining ground exponentially since Kate’s arrival. She excites kids to step onto the stage and inspires them to explore it.

“I wish I could see the fall production; I see a lot of new names on the cast list. That sign alone shows how successful Kate is in encouraging kids to try out theatre. It also makes me very excited to see where the future of Laguna theater goes with Kate. For me, she really has incited a life long passion,” Lazarovits said.