Favorite Lunch Spots

Juniors and seniors share their favorite off-campus lunch spots.
Juniors+Eleanor+Crafton+%28left%29%2C+Tallulah+Staeger+%28middle%29%2C+and+Ada+Ray+%28right%29+pose+with+their+Chipotle.+
Milla Hirsch
Juniors Eleanor Crafton (left), Tallulah Staeger (middle), and Ada Ray (right) pose with their Chipotle.

A mere five minutes away from school, Starbucks has two close locations: one in Five Points and one in La Cumbre Plaza. Starbucks’ menu includes a variety of coffees and teas, sandwiches, and baked goods. Most students prefer the mobile order option for faster pick-up times. Both drinks and food are typically $5-$6.
“I like to go to Starbucks, and I usually get a Pink Drink and a lemon loaf,” senior James Couvillion said.

Whether it be a bowl, burrito, or some quick chips and guac, Chipotle is a reliable spot for lunch. Located conveniently in La Cumbre Plaza, it is an easy place to get a substantial meal for under $15. Students have the option to mobile order or customize their order in person.
“I would say my favorite [lunch] place to go is Chipotle. I always get a Chipotle bowl,” junior Eleanor Crafton said.

A bit of a longer trek from Laguna, the Chick-fil-A drive through is a sure spot to find students at lunch period. It’s good to allow yourself more time to venture to Chick-fil-A because the food times are dependent on the drive through traffic.
“I go to Chick-fil-A every day. I get two spicy chicken sandwiches, a fry, and a large coke,” senior Buck Stoll said.

Backyard Bowls is located in La Cumbre Plaza; its menu consists of smoothies and acai bowls. The wait time for Backyard Bowls typically ranges from 10-20 minutes, so students sometimes mobile order unless it is “long lunch.”
“I really like to go to Backyard Bowls because it feels refreshing. I order an Island Bowl with just bananas on top,” senior Paloma Lujan said.

Tucked in the corner of nearby Five Points Plaza, Blaze Pizza allows students to customize their own pizzas and still return to school on time. Blaze pizza is an affordable option with pizzas being only about $8.
“My favorite place to go for of-campus lunch is Blaze Pizza. I usually get two pepperoni pizzas,” senior Mason Berg said.

Bristol Farms is a high-end grocery store that offers quick options for lunch, even on a 30 minute “short” lunch day. Students enjoy pre-packaged to go options like fruit or sushi, as well as a daily selection from their hot bar. Bristol Farms is rather expensive for a grocery store, but it is a quick and easy option for students to get lunch.
“My favorite place to go is Bristol Farms. I get a spicy tuna avocado roll with ponzu and eel sauce,” junior Sydney Fisher said.