Coach Prime

Hall of Fame football player, award-winning high school coach, religious influencer, and multi-millionaire Coach Deion Sanders is revitalizing the Colorado football program.
Coach+Prime

In the world of college football, change is inevitable. Coaches come and go, but every so often, a figure emerges who promises to revolutionize the game.
At the University of Colorado Boulder, that figure is Deion Sanders, also known as Coach Prime. He is no stranger to the spotlight, portraying excellence through his many accolades and influential persona.
As a former NFL superstar, two-time Super Bowl champion, and Pro Football Hall of Famer, his name is synonymous with excellence in the world of football.
His journey at CU Boulder isn’t just about personal glory – it’s about changing the game, one play at a time.
Coach Prime’s charisma is captivating, transforming how prominent high school recruits view the program.
The university tripled its win total from last year in only five games.
Coach Prime said in his opening remarks to the team, “We got a few positions already taken care of because I’m bringing my luggage with me — and it’s Louis [Vuitton]. I’m comin’, and when I get here, it’s gonna be changed.”
Through such a transformative environment, public recognition of the program has influenced elite recruits to perceive Boulder as a place where they can develop their talent under the guidance of a football legend.
Coach Prime is breaking stereotypes – 56 out of 89 players are black. Albeit Coach Prime’s impact on the football field, his charismatic approach revolutionized the economic approach at the university and surrounding city.
According to LinkedIn, “The economic impact of Coach Prime for Boulder, CO to-date has been estimated at over $18M.”
Coach Prime has not only generated capital and attention for the university, but such a persona has increased ticket sales by nearly 300%, increasing the average ticket price from $70 to nearly $285, with some tickets marked as nearly $850.
Coach Prime increased in-person attendance at the games and online viewership.
The University of Colorado vs. Colorado State game drew 9.3 million viewers – the fifth-most viewed regular season college football game in ESPN history, intriguing fans nationwide.
This is just the start for the bright future of CU Boulder’s football program as they have been a major player in conference realignment — financially stimulated deals that are transforming the world of college football forever. According to current CU Boulder line backer, Noah Young “The Coach Prime effect has created more boldness and hype around the city, while also making me more humble and pushing myself.”
Coach Prime’s impact altered the course of Colorado football — recruits and fans all across the country are captivated by such a phenomenal season and will continue to watch as Prime makes a permanent mark o football.