Expanded Fall Food Interview

An Exclusive Peek into Bree’Osh

How have you managed maintaining your vision for your company and competing against both inflation and chain corporations?

As we grow Bree’Osh, our vision is to create careers and quality jobs within our company. We will build strong relationships with employees, flour producers (@cairnspringmill) / suppliers (@penryorchardsspecialities, @sunriseorganicfarms, @avilandsonsfarm…) and customers to positively impact our communities and our industry.

Maintaining our vision for our artisanal bakery while competing against inflation and chain corporations has been  challenging. We’ve focused on :

• Our commitment to crafting high-quality, unique baked goods that stand out from chain corporation. We use long and natural fermentation (Levain), premium ingredients and locally-sourced as much as possible (except for the butter which is from France) to maintain exceptional taste and authenticity. 
  • Building strong relationships with our customers has been our main priority. We listen to their feedback, adapt to their preferences, and provide personalized experiences that large chains often struggle to deliver.

• Introducing new and seasonal products on a regular basis (based on what we find at the farmer market). This keeps our customers excited and engaged. We continually experiment with flavors, textures, and presentation to maintain our reputation for creativity. Now we are offering a whole poached pear infused in a spicy syrup which is served on a extra flacky croissant tart for fall. We offer an home made apple sauce for our French toast which is served with crème fraiche. A “kid bread” – extra soft is offered twice a week on Monday and Friday for their lunch box or snack.

• Supporting local. We actively participate in events and initiatives that strengthen our ties to the community : Julia child foundation, SB culinary experience, New comers…. 

• Efficient cost management without compromising on quality (To counter inflation). Negotiating with suppliers, optimizing operation, and minimizing wastage.

• Highlighting our artisanal methods/values, emphasizing our commitment to freshness, and telling the story of our bakery, connecting with customers. 

• Leveraging on digital platforms to reach a broader audience and adapt to changing consumer habits. For exemple, our customer can place their custom Catering order on line.

https://breeosh.com/collections/catering

• We do our best to stay flexible in adjusting our strategies as market conditions change. 

How do you think your business (specifically and generally) contributes to the community?

As a local business :

• we provide job opportunities.

• We source ingredients locally, we support local farmers and producers, helping to sustain the local economy.

• We engage with the community through events, or collaborations with local Chef (SYK, more on the way…).

• We provide a welcoming space for customers to meet, socialize, or work.

• We give classes, providing educational opportunities for community members.

We engage in charitable activities, donating to local causes or supporting community initiatives such as the Earth festival, local school (Viera valley, Laguna blanca, Mount Carmel, Bright Start,…) 

Which of your pastries or drinks would you recommend for the fall season? Why?

• French toast with home made apple sauce flavored with vanilla, badiane (anis), cinnamon served with crème fraiche and salted caramel. Topped with home made granola.
  • Poached Pear tart only on week end based