Tennis Expands into Hope Ranch

On campus, Laguna sports teams make use of the track, football field, soccer fields, basketball courts, volleyball courts, and a baseball diamond.

The tennis teams, however, are subject to a 15-minute drive to and from the public tennis courts.

Thanks to an extremely generous donor, Laguna is in the process of building four tennis courts on the athletic fields.

New tennis courts will allow teams to practice on campus as well as hold official matches.

“Having tennis courts at our school will not only make it easier for the tennis team to get to practice after class, but they will also make the sport feel more a part of school.

The separation is always difficult for those who can’t drive yet or don’t have a car, and the bus schedule is always a little unreliable.

With the courts on campus, the players won’t have to worry about last minute rides or being left behind,” said tennis team member junior Monica Watson.

However, the process of building the courts will take time.

There will be many meetings before the plans for the courts are  approved and finalized.

“The courts would be much more convenient to the school. They would bring more people to the matches, and we wouldn’t have to practice all the way out at the Municipal Courts,” said senior Alex Louden.