Clubs Lending a Helpful Hand

Kelly Bickett

Laguna’s students have dedicated their time to giving a helping hand not only to our local communities but also to communities

Global Fund for Women

Sophomore Reagan Williams, president of the Storyteller Club, a therapeutic preschool for homeless kids, along with club members have been working hard. In October, the club raised enough money to send all kids to the Pumpkin Patch. “We had a fall-themed bake sale and raised over $170,” Williams said. She has future plains to go even further “For the holiday season we have already purchased Advent calendars for all of the kids and are planning to sponsor three families. By sponsoring the families we will all contribute to make sure we get them all the items on their Christmas wish list.” Some of the members from the club plan to volunteer at the Storyteller Holiday Party.

Direct Relief

Direct Relief Club presidents juniors Julia and Sophia Fay have been making a change in Haiti children’s lives. Hurricane Mat- thew hit the country hard earlier this year. Hundreds of schools and homes were destroyed. After the hurricane, the Direct Relief Club united with other Direct Relief Clubs at the public high schools to raise money. “We are doing a campus-wide change drive in order to raise money to fund a school nurse in Haiti. Last year, all the high school clubs in Santa Barbara raised $30,000 from a ower drive, a change drive and an antique sale. is year our goal is $35,000.” Some members volunteered at the antique sale at Earl Warren Show Grounds by helping package items and sell bags.