Basketball: Santa Ynez VS Laguna Blanca

At 6:30 in the Merovick Gymnasium, Laguna and Santa Ynez started on the basketball field with the jump ball. Laguna Blanca wins the ball and they are off. Laguna was in the lead but then they ended with a tying score. They start the first quarter with a score of 0­0 and end with a tying score of 10­10. They then start the second quarter and both schools are very quick and fight for the winning score. From the bleachers you can see the sweat running down their faces and they are very loud. From the bleachers you can hear the Laguna parents and students shouting their chants for Laguna. They yell “ You can’t stop him” and “Defense Defense.” They end the second quarter with a score of 21­22. Santa Ynez is in the lead. After many free throws and three pointer shots, Santa Ynez is still in the lead. The third quarter ends with a score of 28­36. The gap is getting wider and the boys are getting tired after 1 hour of hard work. This is the last quarter. Laguna is trying to end the gap and Santa Ynez are making sure that the gao stays the same or gets wider. It is the last seconds of the game. Santa Ynez are passing the ball around to make sure they waste enough time to get them the win. Laguna doesn’t give up but then the buzzer sounds and the game is over. The last quarter end with the score of 36­50. Both teams did a great job and had a fair game.