Villanova vs Laguna Blanca

The Owls were on the field ready to play their first game at 3:00 PM on December 1st 2015 against Villanova on the Laguna Fields. The captains from each team met and greeted each other before the referee through the coin up into the air. Villanova won the coin toss and picked side leaving Laguna to have the ball first. The game started and both teams were on the move. Avery Hughes, 9th, said, “I was impressed at how Brooklyn Kinsler saved so many balls going into the goal. Without her I personally feel we would have been scored on so many times that the mercy rule would have to be put in place. Overall it was a great game and I was proud to show my Owl pride by rooting for the high school girls soccer team.” About 30 minutes into the game, after having the ball kicked around with no one scoring, Villanova scored through a corner. The corner had been made and the ball was kicked and managed to get into the goal. After this goal, Laguna worked even harder to get a point. Later on, Alex Koke got the ball passed to her and she sprinted her way to try and shoot. The ball was shot but missed and the goalie was on the ground. Alex tried again and managed to score. Later on, Villanova scored again with a corner again and the score was now 1­2. After this goal, Villanova scored but it was due to an accidental header into the goal from one of the girls from Laguna. Laguna kept trying but did not manage to score again. The game ended after 1 hour and a half with a score of 1­3. Both teams did a great job and had a fair game.