Trump: Man Of America

“You’re fired,” are the words that disqualify contestants on reality game show, “Celebrity Apprentice.” The object of the game is to navigate a job interview and attain employment at a multi-million dollar corporation.
For seven years, it was hosted by none other than billionaire Donald Trump.
In June, the isame show host officially declared his run for President of the United States, and what is probably most shocking at this point is that the man leading Republican polls.
Being the host of a reality show does not automatically make someone ill-fit to be president, however, many of his attitudes and proposed policies make his tenure on “The Apprentice” irrelevant: as these factors speak for themselves why Trump would fail in office – both as a leader and a lawmaker.
Starting with his strengths, Trump is a fierce negotiator and successful businessman, currently having amassed a net worth of $4 billion.
His tenacity allows him to plow through his adversaries.
The candidate boasts that he is the “best negotiator.” His confidence makes him a valiant trailblazer to the American people, but with that confidence and attitude comes an arrogance and a habit of going straight for the insult aimed at the jugular.
If Trump were to act this way with an easily-inflamed leader of a military totalitarian state, and if that leader has weapons of mass destruction, it could lead to a conflict killing millions, and, if he did it with the wrong country in the wrong situation, it might escalate into a world war.
We came close to a full-scale nuclear war during the Cuban Missle Crisis when negotiations between the United States and the Soviet Union over Soviet ballistic missiles almost failed.
Trump has already expressed how he wants to put “Mexico in its place.” The fact is that Mexico is a country with a powerful government and millions of people, and its neighbor to the north can’t give what they see as “irresponsible baby Mexico” a timeout in the corner.
Trump wants to send all illegal immigrants back to Mexico and use their salaries to build a wall. This does not make sense financially, because if these people are getting paid at a lower rate per hour than minimum wage, how could their salaries fund the labor needed for the wall, let alone the wall itself.
Trump has decided he wants to make the Mexican government pay for the wall as well. A spokesperson for the Mexican president said the country refuses to do so.
When talking about Mexico, Trump expressed his view of how the country is “not giving [America] the good immigrants;” he said the people coming are bringing “drugs,” “crime,” and “rapists.”
But in the same speech, he later corrected himself by saying “and some, I assume, are good people,” contradicting the comment he had just made stating the good immigrants are not crossing the border.
This inconsistency shows that he either does not know what he is talking about or is a racist who caught himself in the act.
The 2016 election season is shaping up to be one of the most entertaining elections in history (which could be topped in 2020 by Kanye West). We are watching a political satire, too ridiculous to be horrifying, too real to completely relax. Hopefully, it ends more like “Team America: World Police” rather than “Dr. Strangelove.”