Girls Tennis Team Defends Home Court

tennis1The Varsity Girls Tennis team made a statement in its home opener, trouncing cross-town rival Bishop Diego 15-3 for the second-straight year.
The Owls carried that momentum into its next game against Nordhoff as they routed the Rangers 12-6.
These wins served to be huge confidence boosts for the inexperienced Owls, who bolster a lineup of mostly underclassmen with seniors Maddie Sokolove and standout captain Jacqueline Berci.
The girls continued their winning ways at home with a huge win over visiting St. Bonaventure.
The Seraphs had no answer for the Owls, stealing only a pair of games as they were overpowered 16-2.
With only one day of rest, the team returned to its home court to face Coast Union of Cambria. After over three hours of back-and-forth, the Owls pulled away for an 11-7 victory and their fourth home win in five games.
After two tough 7-11 road losses at Carpinteria and Mission Prep, Laguna licked its wounds before traveling to Bishop for a second time. The Cardinals came out with a vengeance, but the Owls stood their ground and pulled out a 10-8 victory to complete the season sweep behind the veteran play of Berci and Sokolove.
“We really came together and had a great season this year,” said Sokolove. “We won a lot of close games and really bonded as teammates.”