Release of “Grand Theft Auto 5” Breaks Sales Records

With record-breaking first day re- lease sales topping $800 million, $1 billion within its first three days – there are only a few legal ways to make that kind of money that fast.

The sales of the new “Grand Theft Auto 5” only seconds the iPhone, which made $5.2 billion in just three days.

Gamers have waited a long time for the new version of “Grand Theft Auto” and now that it’s here, it’s bigger than they could have imagined.

There are many features that have been added and improved.

According to IGN Entertainment, “It’s immediately noticeable that the cover system is more reliable and the auto-aim less touchy.GTA-V-Logo

The cars handle less like their tires are made of butter and stick better to the road, though their exaggerated handling still leaves plenty of room for spectacular wipeouts.

And at long last, Rockstar has finally slain one of its most persistent demons, mission check pointing, ensuring that you never have to do a long, tedious drive six times when you repeatedly fail a mission ever again.”

Darren Franich of Entertainment Weekly said, “The game is beautiful and it is empty. I don’t mean that as an insult.”

There is so much excitement sur- rounding the release of the new “Grand

Theft Auto 5” that it splits the world in half: the lovers and the haters, the players and the parents.

So who are the players?

“People most likely to play this game would be from middle to high school aged, mostly 98 percent guys play it,” said senior Daniel Moghtader.

What’s the word on the street among gamers?

Game lovers agree, it’s really fun and more realistic. It’s like a realistic shoot- er game.

The haters, comprised mostly of par- ents, think that it inspires violence.

Librarian Blake Dorfman counters with a comparison between similar games and “Grand Theft Auto 5.”

“In Call of Duty” you are a soldier killing the enemy in battle. In “Halo 4” you are in another universe killing imaginary beasts. In “Grand Theft Auto 5” you can violently beat old women to death as they walk down the street.”

He continued, “You can massacre hundreds of people from a street cor- ner, and you can run over kids with a car.

“Grand Theft Auto 5” is very differ- ent because it is a real-world environ- ment very similar to the ones we are in every day.”

The heated dispute continues be- tween the two sides with no end in sight.