Boys Junior Varsity Volleyball

The Owls JV Squad (2-3) kicked-off strong after the Spring Break, winning their first match against Oak Grove in 3, even without the presence of freshman setter Connor Curran, who was moved up to the Varsity team over the break.
Previously in the season, Curran and freshman setter, and now former outside hitter, Spenser Wyatt shared the position of setter by trading off after every three rotations.
Now, with Curran’s absence, Wyatt has the pressure of setting while in the front row and the back row.
On the position change, Wyatt said “It has been tough, but the burden hasn’t been enough to slow our team down. Overall, the move hasn’t been too strenuous.”
Laguna (3-3) kept their momentum through the next match, beating Cate School in 2.
The Owls’ (4-3) 2-game win streak, however, was broken in their next match against Santa Ynez Valley Union High School losing in 2.
Due to illness, the JV squad (4-4) had many absences after the Santa Ynez Valley match and could not play in their next 3 matches.
The team’s second to last match was against the Carpinteria High Warriors. The  Owls lost in 2.
The Owls’ last match was at home against Oak Grove, a team they had recently beat in 3; however, this time, the Owls (5-5) won in 2.
On the season, Freshman Libero Ryan Chiment said, “Overall, we had a fairly successful season. I felt the team as a whole improved greatly. We had a few flaws, but I was happy with how it all turned out.”