Winter Sports Recap

During the middle of the winter sports season, athletes reflect on their seasons thus far through an in-depth look into the locker room and field.

Tallulah Staeger – Girls Soccer

Q: How has the return of Coach Jose impacted the team?

A: The return of Coach Jose has been super fun for the team. We all love Jose and how funny and sweet he is, and how supportive and patient he is with us. It’s definitely motivated the team to work hard this season.

Q: What is your favorite aspect about the “sisterhood” on the soccer team?

A: The sisterhood on our soccer team is definitely strong. I would say we all have each other’s backs, and we like to lose and win as a team. We all like to build each other up and motivate each other to make us better.

Q: What are your team goals for this year?

A: Our team goal this year is probably just to win as much as possible and get better as a team. We are hopeful that with some practice we will be bringing home wins.

Senior Natalie Bianchi pushes the ball up the field.

Alex McClintock – Boys Soccer

Q: What have been some positions to fill on the field with the loss of some important members from last year?

A: The biggest position we’ve had to fill is goalie. Enzo has adjusted to that role well, a tremendous freshman. We also have a few more spots we’ve had to fill in, such as midfield and striker, but those have been filled by talented underclassmen.

Q: How is the team adapting and responding to the competition?

A: We’re off to a good start and look to build upon early wins.

Q: How has the team bonded thus far throughout the season?

A: We’ve bonded well. We have a lot of players from last year, and that connection is especially strong because we have a lot of seniors who put their best effort in every single day.

Q: Who has been a significant new addition to the team?

A: It has to be Drew Levinson. His hustle is unmatched.

Q: In your opinion, what is the key to winning a league

championship this year?

A: It all starts with defense. We have a lot of size this year and we’ll be getting rebounds every game.

Q: How has your team responded to challenges thus far, especially in the Santa Clarita Christian game?

A: We were down 10-2 in our first game, called timeout, and made some key substitutions to spark some life and energy into our team that helped us overcome such a deficit.

Senior Drew Levinson goes up for the layup in traffic.