Artists of the Limited Edtion Project

OPENING RECEPTION

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 4th  from 4-6pm

ELVERHOJ Museum Solvang CA
1624 Elverhoy Way, Solvang

Original/Multiple: Following the Red Thread, is an exhibition of thirteen prints by contemporary artists invited to participate in the Limited Edition Project.  From October, 2010 to November 2011, selected artists made limited editions (25 identical pieces) in all manner of printmaking media: intaglio, relief, planographic, and digital. In order to explore the creative process and better understand how artists come to their images and the decisions that shape the images, each of these prints will be surrounded by work by these artists which connects to the limited edition print.

Printing twenty five etchings or woodcuts, silkscreen or  mixedmedia works bespeaks a commitment to a particular image. Such an image or elements within that image  is/are embedded in some conscious or unconscious way in the larger oeuvre of the artist. It is fascinating to find connections and repetitions in a single artist’s work: across disparities of time, medium, scale, color, dimension — some elements persist — as if the artist is driven to keep looking for meaning in certain ways of expressing, certain themes, even certain (sometimes unconsciously chosen) shapes or surfaces, compositions or other visualized ideas.

The show will include at least one print — the limited edition print — from each artist, and four to eight other images which bear upon, illuminate, and connect with it.  In many cases, these other images are NOT prints, but paintings, sculptures, drawings, watercolors, collages, assemblages, books, mixed-media objects.

All of the LE prints and many of the supplemental works are for sale; during the Valentine Extravaganza, smaller works will be available for sale in the gift shop.

Participating artists: Stephanie Dotson, Dane Goodman, Carolyn Hubbs, Michael Jameson, Rafael Perea de la Cabada, Marie Schoeff, Libby Smith, Nicole Strasburg, Dug Uyesaka, Nina de Creeft Ward, Nina Warner, Teresa Zepeda, Pamela Zwehl-Burke.

Join us March 3rd at 4pm
Panel Discussion: Discovering Themes and Variations
OR
Join us March 24th 9am -12pm
Workshop:  Original Ideas and Multiple Connections

Directions and more information: ELVERHOJ LINK
More information on participating artists: LIMITED EDITION PROJECT