Day in the Life

Follow freshman Luz Shubert and junior Franky Baron as they carry out their daily routines.

Abby Kim and Elli Westmacott

LUZ

I start my morning waking up and getting ready for school. I first do my makeup and then choose an outfit.

Today, I wore a navy blue tie top with comfy white pants. I paired it with white Air Forces and some jewelry.

I then packed my backpack with everything I needed for school and golf clothes for practice later. After that, I made my breakfast.

For breakfast I had my usual coffee and overnight oats.

Then I packed my lunch which was a sandwich with some fruit.

I left for school at my usual time, around 7:55 a.m.

Then I went to my classes. Today I had study hall first, then Drawing and Painting, lunch, geometry, Entrepreneurship, and biology.

This is me with Molly Stoll in Drawing and Painting with Mr U.

I love this class because it is super fun and the teacher is amazing. It is also challenging, but I’ve learned a lot and enjoy spending time with my friends in that class.

During lunch, I went down to the basketball courts and had lunch with my friends.

After school, I went to the golf course and practiced for a couple of hours.

Today, I golfed with my sister Emma. We usually practice with each other and try to go out as much as we can.

Afterwards, I went to the gym where I ran on the treadmill.

When I was done, I went back to school to watch the boys volleyball game. The varsity boys volleyball team went against Carpinteria High School and won 3-0.

It was a really good game to watch, and I had a lot of fun.

After I went to eat dinner on State Street and had dinner at Eureka! I had the Fresno Fig with a side of truffle cheese fries. This was my first time at Eureka, and I really enjoyed it.

After I was done I went to McConnell’s to get some ice cream and then went home.

On most days when I eat dinner at home, and I try to finish my homework before having dinner.

I usually have dinner with my family at around 8 p.m. If I don’t finish my homework before dinner, I will do it after.

Today, I didn’t have homework though, so after I went home, I got ready for bed.

I did my skincare, changed, and then watched some TV before I went to sleep.

Frankie

I wake up, I brush my teeth, and then I put on the fit for the day. I threw on my Tyler, the Creator IGOR Tour white t-shirt, my cream colored Pastel Radio pants, my triple black special forces Air Force Ones, and my gray KSUBI hoodie under a Levi’s jean jacket.

Anyway, I got my school essentials which consists of my computer, my binder for English Seminar, my water bottle, and my notebook for AP Psychology then I drove to school in my car.

First period I had English Seminar and a book club meeting with my book club which consists of Paloma McKean and Miles Sedlin. We are reading, “And Then There Were None,” by Agatha Christie. 

Then I had a free period, in which I worked on math homework for my Algebra Two class with a peer.

After that, because I am a junior, and because it was Friday, I proceeded to the Senior Quad where college counseling took place. We talked about keeping up with the college-search process, and then I spent some time socializing with my friends.

My next period was Drawing and Painting with Mr. Uyesaka, so I walked to class with a few friends. 

When I got to class, we started presenting our first project of the semester. 

For the project, we had to choose an image to do a rough sketch of, and then, once it was approved, we proceeded to scale it up and make a more refined version of the original. 

My project was an interpretation of SpongeBob floating over Bikini Bottom while listening to his favorite tunes. 

After everyone presented, we began working on blind-contour drawing of our hands which was pretty interesting, to say the least.

Then it was time to eat, so I headed down to the gym, got in my car, and drove to the nearest Chipotle. 

I ordered a burrito with white rice, black beans, steak, cheese, guac, sour cream, and lettuce. 

Afterwards, I headed back to school, where I ate my burrito in the parking lot with my friends. 

We were all pretty drained from the long week, and so we just kicked it until C period, the last period of the day.

C period I had AP Psychology. We learned about cognition and emotion, and we also started learning about stress and health. 

The question came up: ‘Is stress always bad for us?’ and apparently the answer is no.

I then went home for a few hours, only to return to campus to support the varsity boys volleyball game against Carpinteria High School.