Boys Volleyball Takes Second Place in a Division One/Two Tournament

This past weekend the Owls traveled down to Chadwick in Los Angeles to compete against Division One, Two, and Three high schools such as: Chadwick, San Pedro, Bishop Montgomery, and Torrance. Although the teams that the Owls played were ranked a couple division higher than them, this rank difference didn’t stop them from finishing first in their pool along with finishing second in the tournament. Coming into the tournament the Owl’s were seated fourth in pool play, but beat the first, second, and third seed in two. These wins advanced the Owl’s into the playoffs. In the semifinals, the boys defeated Division One Torrance High School in a competitive match to move on into the finals. In the finals, the Owl’s faced Bishop Montgomery for the second times; and after a hard-fought game, the boys lost in three. Seniors Philip Fauntleroy and Pierce O’Donnell and junior Henry Farrell all got tournament player medals. This tournament was hard and competitive as well as being a great opportunity for the Owl’s to get prepared for the CIF playoffs starting in two weeks. Come support the Owl’s at home and CIF games which are coming up soon. The Owls are looking forward to a long run in CIF!

$50
$500