Homecoming Promotes Community

Two victories and a night to remember – all in a weekend’s work.
The girls varsity volleyball team swept Dunn in a 3-0 win, as junior Bella Taron, Courtney O’Donnell, and Jessie Dusebout honored the seniors during a touching senior night.
Also on Friday, parents put in hours of work arranging an alumni tribute.  “I think the whole thing went really well, we had a larger turn out of current families’ students and returning alumni than I can recall in years passed,” said Mr. Tyler Hodges.
On Saturday, the boy’s football team beat Dunn with a dramatic final score of 60-34.
After two days jam-packed with athletics, students flooded into the gym for the “Whiteout” Homecoming Dance at eight o’clock on Saturday night.
Students in leadership class and student council spent weeks in preparation for homecoming. They put a lot of work into planning the “perfect” theme, decoration, snacks, and D.J.
They stayed late after the volleyball match on Friday and came in early Saturday afternoon in order to arrange the homecoming dance.
“I was really impressed with the leadership of student council in creating a wildly successful dance. The turnout was great and everyone seemed to be having a great time,” said Mr. Hodges.
“I thought homecoming was really fun: everyone was dancing and the theme was good,” said junior Bella Taron.