Fun in the Sun CIT Opportunity

I wanted to reach out about a wonderful volunteer opportunity we have for your students. As you may know, United Way of Santa Barbara County offers a free 6 week summer enrichment program for students 3-6th grade called Fun in the Sun. The goal of Fun in the Sun is to provide these students with a joyful yet academically beneficial summer in order to help prepare them for their academic year ahead. In order to run a successful, inspiring, and safe program for these students we are seeking motivated and reliable Counselors in Training. This is an excellent way for students to earn their required community service hours.

If you have 10-12th grade students who have a passion in education or enjoy working with kids we encourage them to apply! The application period will open February 4, 2020. This volunteer opportunity will allow students to fulfill up to 240 community service hours as it requires them to commit to the entire six week program. Among helping students earn volunteer hours we also provide them with fun and academic related field trips to further encourage their own academic pursuits. We plan special CIT only field trips, college tours, and career mentoring just to name a few.

Araceli Huerta
United for Literacy and Fun in the Sun Associate
United Way of Santa Barbara County
320 E Gutierrez St. Santa Barbara CA, 93101
(805) 965-8591 ext. 105