How To Get Through Airport Security With 6 Easy Tricks

Going through airport security is certainly no one’s favorite part about traveling. TSA probably doesn’t even make the top 100. However long and invasive this one part of traveling can be, security checks ensure the safety of not only oneself but the lives of others. With these 6 easy tricks, anyone can fly through security, make this inconvenience a thing if the past.

TSA Pre:

The number one trick in order to fly through TSA would to join TSA PreCheck. The PreCheck program pre-screens U.S. citizens who are low-risk security threats. This process allows vetted travelers to move through security faster and more easily. TSA Pre✓® allows eligible flyers to leave on their shoes and to leave laptops in carry-ons. All one has to do to reap the benefits of TSA Pre✓® is fill out an online form, pay a small fee and set up an appointment at their local airport.
Watch the People in Front:
The second trick for getting through security is to watch how fast the people in front of you move. Chances are if you are stuck behind a eighty year old woman who most likely has had a knee or hip implant, that security line is going to take a lot longer. Your best chance is to stick behind someone young who is just as eager to get on that plane.
Get a Head Start
Once you are in line, it is never too early to start untying yours shoes, taking off your jacket and belt, emptying your pockets, and opening your computer bag. The idea is to be prepared to set your bags on the conveyer belt and walk straight through the metal detector as soon as you can.

3-1-1 Rule:

The 3-1-1 rule is the rule where the liquids and gels in one’s carry ons must be in a container 3-4 ounce or less, and all the liquids must be in a quart sized zip-locked bag. Making sure that all of your liquids are out of your carry on bag and in the zip-locked bag, prevents one from having to wait while the security guard goes through your bag looking for anything dangerous. If you are unsure if it counts as a liquid/gel, there is list on TSA website.

Don’t Bring Weapons:

This is most likely the easiest trick to remember. If you bring a weapon in your carry-on bag, airport security will arrest you. That means: don’t bring anything that could possibly be construed as a weapon, even scissors. Even if TSA ultimately does not arrest you, you will feel stupid and it will take a long time for the security personnel to go through your bags, wasting both the officer’s and your time.

Be Organized:

Staying organized can make going through airport security a little bit less stressful. Have your boarding pass and ID/Passport on hand so you can easily show the security agent. Have your computer accessible, which means don’t put your computer at the bottom of your bag. Have your liquids in the proper size and in a small plastic bag. Organization will ensure a smooth transition from waiting to putting you bag through the x-ray machine. No one wants to be that one person who takes literally 10 minutes to just get there stuff through the machine.