Calling all California K-12 students, parents, and teachers! It’s time to enter the Coastal Art & Poetry Contest!

Calling all California K-12 students, parents, and teachers!    Its time to enter the Coastal Art & Poetry Contest!

Calling all California K-12 students, parents, and teachers!
It’s time to enter the Coastal Art & Poetry Contest!

“Happy Beach” by Miranda Underwood, 1st Grade, Arcata. One of the 2015 winners.

Let our coast and ocean inspire you! Win great prizes!
Have your work featured online and exhibited throughout California!

California students in kindergarten through 12th grade are invited to submit artwork or poetry with a California coastal or marine theme to the annual Coastal Art & Poetry Contest.

Entries must be postmarked by January 30, 2016 to be eligible for the upcoming contest. For rules and entry form (and helpful links for teachers and students), visit our website or email [email protected]. You can also download a contest flyer.

Thanks to a donation from Rubio’s Restaurants, up to ten winners will be selected to win $100 gift certificates to an art supply store (for artists) or book store (for poets). Each winner’s sponsoring teacher will receive a $50 gift certificate for educational supplies, courtesy of Acorn Naturalists . All winners and honorable mentions will receive tickets for their families to visit the Aquarium of the Pacific, courtesy of the Aquarium. Students may have their work featured on Commission web pages and materials, and winning entries will be exhibited throughout the state.

The 2015 contest is currently on exhibit at Channel Islands National Park Visitor Center in Ventura Harbor until November 15, to be followed by Birch Aquarium at Scripps in La Jolla through January 31. Please visit these great destinations!

Judging assistance is graciously provided by Chapman University’s Tabula Poetica program.

Prints of past winners from this contest as well as winners from our fantastic photography contest are available for purchase, helping to fund further education efforts.

Looking forward to your entries! In the meantime, see you on social media:

California Coastal Commission
Public Education Program
45 Fremont St
San Francisco, California 94105
(800) Coast-4U
www.coast4u.org