Photographers needed for Special Olympics

special olympicsI work for Special Olympics Santa Barbara and we are looking for photographers who may be interested in volunteering for a few upcoming competitions and events listed below. We were wondering if you could share the following information with your students.

Our annual Basketball Tournament on Sunday March 16th at the UCSB Event Center. This year’s competition will feature three local Santa Barbara teams and 38 teams of athletes from San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, Lompoc, Conejo Valley, Simi Valley, Ventura, Santa Clarita and Tri Valley. The Opening Ceremonies begin at 9am. The competition will shortly follow and continue until the Awards Ceremony at 1:30pm.

Our annual School Games event on Friday April 25th at SBCC La Playa Stadium. The School Games, sponsored by Special Olympics Santa Barbara and the School Partnership Program, is the only inter-school track and field competition available to special education and inclusion students. This year, we anticipate participation from over 240 students from five different school districts, making it the largest School Games event to date. Opening Ceremonies will begin at 9:15am and the games will conclude around 12:30pm.

Our luncheon celebration on Thursday May 29th from 12-1pm at the courthouse.

For more information or to sign up to volunteer, feel free to contact me or Michelle Duke, Special Events and Volunteers Manager, at [email protected].

Thank you for your time and we hope to see some of your photographers at our events.

Amy Bernstein