Become a Member of No Kid Hungry

hungerLast year, Leigh and Jamie started attending a new middle school in Denver.

At their old school, you had to arrive early in order to get breakfast. If your bus was late, you missed the meal, and had to head off to class hungry.

But at Leigh and Jamie’s new school, mornings are different. Every kid goes to homeroom, grabs their breakfast, and eats it at the beginning of class. Breakfast is simply a part of the school day.

That’s important for Leigh and Jamie, because their family sometimes struggles to sufficiently feed the sisters at home.

This school year, thanks to your support and efforts by the No Kid Hungry network, Leigh and Jamie and 40,000 additional kids in Colorado are getting breakfast at school every day this year. Trish, this is what ending childhood hunger looks like.

For Leigh and Jamie’s family, breakfast as part of the school day means they don’t have to worry about whether their girls are getting enough to eat before school starts. And Leigh and Jamie’s dad sees other benefits of the program as well, sharing, “Everybody goes into their homeroom and eats in homeroom class. So there isn’t a stigma of who goes to free breakfast and who doesn’t go. It’s provided to everybody.”

Successes like the expansion of breakfast in Colorado are happening all over the country. Recently, we’ve heard big news from Los Angeles, Boston and Vermont too, regarding their movement toward expanded breakfast programs. Let’s celebrate all of these wins in the movement to end childhood hunger in this country.

But there’s still work to be done.

Will you help us build on our breakfast success in 2014 by becoming a member of No Kid Hungry now? Programs like these work. And without Team No Kid Hungry — the group of over half-a-million Americans committed to ending childhood hunger in our country — they wouldn’t be available for kids like Leigh and Jamie, who need school meals in order to ensure they’re getting enough to eat.

Your support will help kids across the country like Leigh and Jamie who deserve every opportunity to succeed. Together, we can end childhood hunger.

Sincerely,

Billy Shore
Founder & CEO

Feed Hungry Kids Every Day
Become a Member of No Kid Hungry

1 in 5 kids in the U.S. will face hunger in 2014. Your tax-deductible gift will provide vulnerable kids with nutritious food.

Every $10 you donate can provide up to 100 meals for a child who is still facing hunger.