Health-related youth photo contest

World Health Organization Invites Pictures of Health for Youth Photography Contest
The World Health Organization<http://www.who.int/> is accepting entries for a photography competition that portrays health and illness through the eyes of youth between the ages of 14 and 19.

Through the international competition, WHO is seeking photographs on the themes of Adolescents are healthy (engaging in healthy activities); Adolescents learn about health (health education); Adolescents use health services when needed; It can be difficult to stay healthy (images about the environment and risk-behaviors); and Adolescents are active in promoting health (advocating for health, participation).

Winners of the competition will receive the opportunity to work with WHO as one of ten contributing photographers for the Health for the World’s Adolescents report. In addition, each winner will receive $1,000 to cover photography costs. The photographs will belong to the winners, however WHO will have the right to use them in the report and for future publications.

The competition is free to enter and is open to anyone between the ages of 14 and 19 from all countries. Youth photographers under 18 must have the consent of a parent or a legal guardian to submit images to the competition.

The deadline for entries is October 15, 2013. Winners will be contacted individually by November 1, 2013, and will be expected to provide their photographs by December 1, 2013.
See the WHO Web site for complete competition guidelines and submission procedures: http://www.who.int/en/

View Comments (1)
$50
$500