Student journalists study in the Ivy League in New York City this summer

Send your student journalists to the Ivy League in New York City this summer
Your school’s student media editors and advisers will learn from the best instructors in student journalism education this summer with others from across the country and around the world.
The Columbia Scholastic Press Association invites your school’s print and online staffs and advisers to its 32nd annual Summer Journalism Workshop, held on the historic campus of Columbia University in the City of New York from June 23-28, 2013.
Each student or adviser participant may register for a particular class sequence, focusing on writing, editorial leadership, design/redesign, digital photography or producing digital content.

ACT NOW – DON’T DELAY!
Registration for this five-day intensive program is limited to 115 participants.
Due to the Workshop’s limited enrollment, we encourage potential attendees to register as soon as possible since registration ends when enrollments are reached or by May 6th, whichever occurs sooner.
Full payment for all registrants is due by June 3rd.
For more details, including forms, class descriptions and instructor profiles, please visit our Web site.

Some Workshop highlights:
• A single Reporting & Writing class will be taught by Brett Zinger, a newspaper and literary magazine adviser in Holliston, MA. This class is ideal for those just starting out on their school news operations, members of the school yearbook staff or individuals looking to hone their journalistic writing skills. (Class limited to first 25 fully-paid registrants.)

• A class covering Editorial Leadership will be taught by Ray Westbrook, newspaper and yearbook adviser in Dallas, TX. Student editors and advisers will learn how to prepare themselves to lead their staffs through the next school year. (Class limited to first 25 fully-paid registrants.)

• Jenny Dial Creech, a sports editor for a major newspaper in Houston, TX, will teach a Newspaper Design/Redesign class. Intended as a springboard for designers looking to tighten up their current publication design or those wanting to completely redesign their publication for the 2013-2014 school year. (Class limited to first 25 fully-paid registrants.)

• A specialized Digital Photography class will be taught by Jake Palenske, a marketing and technology expert in Dallas, TX. This class will help prepare the photographers to capture amazing images, to see light in a new way, to tell stories with their images, and to follow a proper workflow for managing digital files. (Class limited to first 20 fully-paid registrants.)

• Our Digital Boot Camp for both advisers & students will be taught by Melissa Wantz, an online high school news adviser in Ventura, CA. Participants will gain immediate experience producing and publishing quality digital content by the week’s end. (Class limited to first 20 fully-paid registrants.)

We look forward to welcoming your students and advisers to this year’s Workshop.
Thank you for your interest in CSPA!