2019 HOMELESS POINT-IN-TIME COUNT

2019 HOMELESS POINT-IN-TIME COUNT, Thursday, January 24, 5-8:30 a.m., plus one volunteer training session in January The Laguna Blanca Sock Club began 4 years ago this month following a group of 20 Laguna Blanca students/parents/faculty members’ participation in this citywide event. We now have Sock Club chapters at Dos Pueblos, San Marcos, and (soon) Santa Barbara High School. Any students ages 16 and older may participate if accompanied by a parent or guardian (who must also sign the release of liability). Students and parents who wish to be a part of our Laguna Blanca team should let me know ASAP. Space within the LBS team will be limited, as it takes great effort among our community outreach contacts to pair us together in small groups. https://www.liveunitedsbc.org/commonground

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR THE 2019 HOMELESS POINT IN TIME COUNT. The Point In Time Count is the annual count of individuals and families experiencing homelessness on a given day. The Santa Barbara County effort will take place on Thursday, January 24 from 5:00am-8:30am. Teams of volunteers and experts will canvas assigned routes throughout the county and will briefly document who is experiencing homeless. This information can be used to plan local homeless assistance systems and raise public awareness. Volunteer trainings will be held in January. [Note: the PIT Count is carried out in coordination with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban census programs.]

Point-In-Time Count Poster

Point-In-Time Count Information 

Training PowerPoint

Santa Barbara Training: Mon, 1/14, 5:30pm, OR Tues, 1/22, 12:00pm OR Tues, 1/ 22, 5:30pm — Santa Barbara Public Library — 40 E. Anapamu St.