Foster Care Gift Drive

“The greatest poverty is for a child to feel forgotten, not remembered,” stated Gustavo, a Social Services employee. For 6 years, Laguna Blanca has sought to insure that children in the Foster Care System will not be forgotten during the holiday season. On Wednesday December 9, 2015, students from 5th grade to 12th grade, donated over one hundred gifts that will be given to foster children ages 6 months to 18 years. In Santa Barbara County alone, we have over 300 children in the Foster Care system. For kids in the system, the holidays could be lonely and difficult. By receiving a gift from families in the Santa Barbara community, these children will hopefully feel the warmth of this joyous season.

Following Wednesday’s gift drive students were invited to Santa Barbara County Social Services Department on Thursday afternoon. There, 17 students participated in wrapping the donated gifts. Helping others in need, especially those in the same age group, reinforces the Laguna Blanca ideal of community and gratitude.

If anyone is interested in getting more involved with the Foster Care System please contact Ms. McHale. Community service hours are available.

Ms. McHale: [email protected]

$50
$500