What Did You Say: Valentine’s Day
February 11, 2017
Valentine’s Day is only a few days away, and if you are like me, you might want to pull the covers over your head and fall back asleep.
A holiday known for chocolates, flowers and dates, brings a lot of pressure for the 24-hour rush of love. Don’t get me wrong, I love Valentine’s Day, especially the Lindor Chocolates, but it comes with a lot of stress whether you are in a relationship or not.
It might be buying flowers for your loved ones or writing cards for your brother or sister, but there is no way around Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day has been around since the 5th century, and although it is not a public holiday, it’s a good excuse to take the time to enjoy chocolates and good times. So, rather than making Valentine’s Day negative, here are ten things we love about Valentine’s Day at Laguna:
- “I guess I like it cause everyone gives out candy grams, but the real reason is that the candy the day after is super cheap.” -Freshman Rhami Zeini
- It brings back good memories of the lower school where we would sit in a circle with our class and pass around little Valentine’s cards that we made with our parents the night before.” -Sophomore Alex Koke
- “The love.” -Junior Laird Fowler
- “I love how Valentine’s Day will ultimately result in a massive dose of disappointment for so many people even though it’s intended to honor love in the face of difficulty. Such a fitting tribute to St. Valentine.” -Teacher Mr. Faust
- “I love Valentine’s Day because all chocolates are at a discounted price.” -Senior Zaira Paredes
- “The large amounts of chocolate that suddenly appear everywhere. And being able to do nice things for people you love even though they aren’t your boyfriend or girlfriend.” -Junior Kathryn Norris
- “The hugs.” -Freshman Audrey Murphy
- “Although it’s not my case…It’s a great fortune for those who need to be reminded to take care of their loved ones on Valentine’s Day.” -Teacher Señor Flores
- “Because I get to buy my mom flowers.” -Sophomore Dylan Young
- “Spending time with friends.” -Freshman Christian Branch