Cooler Days Mean Layering for Fashion

Cooler Days Mean Layering for Fashion

hughesCooler temperatures are approaching our sunny Santa Barbara coastline, and it’s time to start pulling out the scarves and knit caps. Fashion trends this fall and winter are all about prints, layering, eye-catching shoes and bold colors.
Shoes: Little booties have become the rave. They are a type of shoe that can be made casual or dressy. Booties are the go-to shoe because of their versatility and comfort in the colder months. Funky sneakers have also become very popular. Funky meaning lots of crazy patterns or different heights.
Colors: Color blocking is making a come-back. The colors and styles of military is on the rise again. Designers incorporate military style into their color blocking by using shades of green, white, navy and maroon. Dark shades of red is also a go-to color for the season. Red can be used as the accent color to any outfit, in the form of a bag or pair of heels. According to senior Michael Reyes “dark colors are good for fall.”
Hats: Hats are the best fall accessory because they are practical and stylish. Any type of hat will be cute this fall, from baseball caps to knit beanies or fedoras.
Prints: Prints are huge this fall. Many designers are using prints such as leopard and plaid. Prints are definitely for the most daring fashionistas and can always add some spice to an outfit. Men’s wear prints like hound’s-tooth are also big in women’s fashion.
Sweaters: Turtle necks are back. This time, turtle neck sweaters have a much more sophisticated edge. Turtle necks are great sweaters because they are so comfy and warm. The best way to wear them is over some jeans and a cute bootie.
Must Haves: For fall, every girl needs a large cashmere wrap that can be thrown over any outfit. Designers, like Vince, have mastered the perfect chunky sweater that is perfect for fall. Sweaters are perfect to throw over any type of pant or skirt with tights. Chunky knits are trending right now.
chole feet“The best thing about fall is cashmere, Uggs and lots of hugs,” said junior Christian Kahmann.
Where to Shop: Nordstrom in Paseo Nuevo has a great selection of Vince. They have a multitude Vince’s big cashmere and wool sweaters and tons of fall blazers. Nordstrom’s also has a wide selection of booties. Saks always keeps current with trends. At Marshalls you can also find Vince items.
Junior Olivia McGovern said she is looking forward to the maroon and plum colors. “I am excited for lots of plaid, ‘Clueless’ is making a comeback.”
“Clueless” is probably the best way to describe this coming season because, in the movie, the style was military with lots of patterns and deep colors.
Students are excited for fall fashion. “I love the sweaters, boots, scarfs and layering. Even though we are in Santa Barbara, I love being warm and cozy in fall clothes when it’s cold outside,” sophomore Jacqueline Berci said.