Take it Back to the 2000s

Review of the best 2000s songs.

Paige Levinson, Co-Business Manager

The year is 2008: Britney Spears makes a comeback, Hannah Montana is in full swing, and Obama has just been elected. With a 2000s themed homecoming dance in our near future, many students have gotten in touch with their nostalgic side and reverted back to their old playlists. Here are some of our favorites:

“Down” by Jay Sean and Lil Wayne is a classic party song. Its easy-to-dance-to beat and catchy lyrics make it a staple song of the era, perfect for reliving a vibrant childhood.

Anything by Usher, particularly “DJ Got Us Fallin’ in Love,” brings back good memories. It was played at every single kids party and is still a fun song to sing with friends.

Taio Cruz’s “Dynamite” is senior Luca Wahlberg’s sentimental favorite because of the memories it brings back for him. Everyone knows the song, so it’s fun to jam out to during carpools or events.

“Kiss Me Thru the Phone” by Soulja Boy is freshman Molly Morouse’s first choice. The into to this “banger” makes her feel like she’s in a music video.

One of senior Maddie Kirk’s favorites is “Hella Good” by No Doubt. She says that it actually makes her feel “hella good,” especially when she’s driving to school and needs a good throwback to wake herself up.

“Club Can’t Handle Me” (with David Guetta) is one of the best Flo Rida songs to listen to because it has such a happy melody that is easy to sing along to and perfectly embodies what growing up in the 2000s felt like. It’s a great way to transport yourself back to 2010.