National Latin Exam

National Latin Exam

While some Latin students fear this day — refusing to prepare for it, others yearn for this day and even study in advance. Even though there is no official study guide or rubric for studying, the National Latin Exam website does give some practice to any students who want to do a little extra work. Every year Latin students from all across the country take this test. Since students study at different levels of Latin, there are different tests given to each level. Although at different levels of Latin, what all these test takers have in common is the amount of time given to finish. The test is 45 minutes long with 40 questions and is all multiple choice. The general content that appears on a NLE is grammar, culture, and questions about a passage written in Latin. When a student gets one of the higher scores, one can receive an award. The New Latin Educators Scholarship encourages more people to teach Latin as their profession. They offer five $2,000 scholarships to potential teachers of high school or college who are obtaining their credentials in order to teach Latin. Latin is a dead spoken language, but it is certainly not dead to students — especially to those who are taking the NLE.

If you explore this website you will find more details and information about the NLE held every year in the spring: http://www.nle.org

$50
$500