Field Day 2016

Even though there was a high chance of rain, a little water didn’t stop Laguna from having Field Day. The teams, being made up of a mixture of girls and boys, had a few students from each grade (EK-12). Every group had a different color ― either red, orange, green, blue, purple, or pink.  Some colors even came up with team names: the pink team calling themselves “The Pink Panthers” and 25084121073_664bc81b7d_othe orange team’s “DCAHF” connecting to the new schedule’s orange day. The day began with everyone dispersing into their teams and sitting on the bleachers. After Athletics Director Jason Donnelly opened up and outlined the day, he handed the mic over to senior Pierce O’Donnell who pumped up the crowd, increasing the competition between the different teams. Then the whole school played the rock paper scissors ice breaker game and after, further dispersed into the rotating activities.

The morning activities planned to take course were sand volleyball, dodgeball, and the shoe kick. Although the rain may have caused the activities to change when moved indoors, some groups were still able to to play beach volleyball or participate in the shoe kick before the rain ensued. After having a goldfish snack break, the activities that were planned to occur included: playing small field soccer games, capture the flag, and kickball. But those events changed when the rain came and everyone moved into the gym to play dodgeball.

25589707052_f52feb377b_oOnce dodgeball came to an end, there wasn’t much to do until the faculty decided to start up some competitive basketball. What made basketball even more entertaining was the fact that it was not just a normal student vs student game ― it was students against the faculty. The talented tall varsity basketball boys team got a chance to play against a few male faculty members such as Paul Chiment, Eric Faust, Rob Hereford, and Kevin Shertzer. As unanimously predicted by the students, the students won but the faculty had a great game putting up a strong fight. To conclude the main portion of the festivities, some warm cheesy Giovanni’s pizza was provided for everyone to eat and enjoy

$50
$500