Spring Break Book Choices!

Spring Break Book Choices!

Spring break is not only a break from school but also a break from required reading. It is a time to relax and free read books that you want with no required annotating or restrictions. From mysteries to comedies, books are a great way to pass time. These new reads will keep you entertained all vacation long, whether you’re hitting the beach, on a plane, or hanging at home:

Paper Valentine by Brenna YovanoffUnknown

What’s worse than the death of a best friend? Being haunted by her spirit and then discovering that your suburban town abounds with ghost girls who are after you. That’s the premise in this creepy mysterious tale from Yovanoff.

Dr. Bird’s Advice for Sad Poets by Evan Roskos

By no means a lighthearted beach read but instead a great traveling companion, this book—about a troubled teen boy detailing with depression, anxiety, and a rough home life—will break your heart and make you think about life in a whole new perspective.

Vampires in the Lemon Grove by Karen Russell

Busier than ever, even though you’re on spring break? A book of short stories is less of a time commitment than a full-fledged novel, and Karen Russell’s new collection of magical tales is just the thing.

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed

If soul-searching is on your agenda for break, try this memoir. The story follows Strayed who is walking along the Pacific Crest Trail, going from Oregon to California, as she works through her divorce and the death of her mother. After reading, you can even watch the film Adaptation starring Reese Witherspoon.

Paper Towns by John Green

Fans of The Fault in Our Stars and Looking for Alaska would love this novel by Green. Quirky Margo entices Quentin or “Q,” in the middle of the night, but then shortly after, she disappears. Although she disappears, she leaves clues just for Q, which he tries to figure out. Read it before the movie Paper Towns, starring it-girl Cara Delevingne, comes out.

$50
$500