BOXTALES Come to Laguna

Boxtales performed Homer’s Odyssey. This has been called one of the most important stories of Western civilization. In this performance Odysseus describes his adventures in his own words, acting out various episodes from Homer’s epic tale. As he travels over the seas with his crew of men he encounters many beings who delay his return to Ithaca. Among them are Poseidon, god of the seas; Cyclops, a one-eyed giant; Aeolus, master of the winds; Circe the enchantress; Tiresias and others in the underworld; the Sirens: Scylla and Charybdis, Helios, and Calypso. Odysseus is with Calypso on her island when Zeus sends Hermes, his messenger, to demand that Calypso set Odysseus free and allow him to return to Ithaca. Odysseus builds a raft and drifts toward the island of the Phaeacians. Poseidon, god of the sea, creates a storm and the raft is destroyed but Odysseus arrives safely on the shore of Phaeacia where he is rescued and sent home to Ithaca. The Boxtails performed absolutely amazingly and they stunned the crowd in shock of what magnificent props they had. They did a great way of showing expression and really getting into the character’s shoes. Boxtails has been going around the world for many years. They founded their company in 1994. They have received a numerous amount of awards such as the Career Achievement Award 2015 and the Best Children’s Theater Group 2007.

$50
$500