Five Creative Study Tricks

Five Creative Study Tricks

We all hate studying. It takes up a lot of time, it’s boring, and you’re just relearning stuff you’ve already learned. Not to mention, most of time, you blank and just forget everything (most of the time around three minutes before the exam starts). Which is why I have compiled this list of five tricks that will help you remember what you learned, speed up the process, and make it a little bit more interesting.

1. When reading from a textbook or long piece of writing, leave yourself small treats (like gummy bears, m & m’s, or kisses)  for every page, paragraph, or section that you finish so, when you reach the candy, you get to eat it!
  2. To help you remember what you’ve learned, chew a new or weird flavor of gum while you study, and then pop in a new piece right before the test. The unfamiliar flavors will help jog your memories, helping you to ace that exam.
  3. To speed things up, use Times New Roman font, as it is the easiest and, therefore, fastest to read.
  4. We all like watching Netflix and YouTube while we study, but that usually just ends up distracting us from what we’re actually supposed to be doing. It’s not all that fun, but you can use programs, like Cold Turkey, to block any distracting sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
  5. Most people, like me (until I researched it 5 minutes ago), stay up very late studying, thinking that more productivity is better than more sleep. However, while you’re asleep, the brain processes and retain information, allowing you to remember things long after you learn them. So, and this is probably a relief to you, the best thing to do before a big test is to GET SOME SLEEP.
$50
$500