Marvel Comics

Marvel+Comics

Wade Wilson,also known as Deadpool, can heal any wound instantly, and has the power to teleport, and fans all agree that he is a hilarious character.
He’s witty and sarcastic, and this makes his comics fun to read.
He is a creation of one of the world’s largest entertainment corporations, Marvel Comics.
Currently, Marvel is changing the face of Hollywood through something that everybody, from toddlers to the elderly, can enjoy: superheroes.
Marvel Corporation started in 1939, founded by a writer and an artist, working under the name of Timely Publications. Their names were Martin Goodman and Jack Kirby. Goodman was replaced soon after by Stan Lee, and the original dynamic duo of comics was born.
Stan Lee and Jack Kirby have since become two of the most recognizable names in the world of comics.
The first superhero they ever created, featured in Marvel Comics #1, was the human torch, but a much different human torch from the one that is known today through the Fantastic Four movies.
They got their first big break with 1941’s “Captain America,” which had a controversial cover image of the hero slugging Adolf Hitler in the jaw.
It was then that Marvel truly established itself as a power in the world of entertainment. It was then that people stopped seeing comic books as for children and only children, and began to see them for what they really are: countless hours of time and effort put in to make a book that really makes a difference.
Lee and Kirby did the impossible: they took gods and brought them to the level of the people—and the people absolutely ate it up.
They changed their name to Marvel, and, along with the existing Detective Comics (DC), began the golden age of comics.
Lee and Kirby began mass producing, creating titles such as “X-Men”, “Captain America”, and the beloved “Spider-Man,” cocreated by Steve Ditko.
Marvel flourished under the media for decades, even after Kirby died in 1994.
Their ventures into the world of film proved unsuccessful with the poorly reviewed “Howard the Duck,” “Blade,” and “Daredevil.”
Marvel’s first true blockbuster, “Iron Man” came in 2008, which is the official beginning of what has become a multi-billion dollar franchise.
Fox studios had been churning out the well-reviewed X-Men movies for years, and Sony had only just released what was to be the wildly unsuccessful final installment, which, in the Spider-Man series, which, while lucky in the box office, was generally hated by critics and fans alike.
Marvel Studios had their first real big break with “Iron Man,” starring Robert Downey, Jr.
The movie grossed $585 million worldwide, unprecedented in a superhero movie.
It was then that Marvel realized just how much power they had.
They had 50 years of material to use, and had 50 years of experience.
After gaining traction and credibility from “Iron Man,” the rising movie studio began to churn out one blockbuster after another, often two or even three annually.
Disney seized this opportunity, and bought the Marvel Comics corporation for a whopping $4 billion, a deal that seemed crazy at the time, but paid off in a big way. The public thought Disney was insane for spending that much money on a comic books company… at first.
What they didn’t know, though, was that Marvel had a plan that would rock the cinematic world.
Marvel and Disney have put into action a four-phase plan, with four groupings of movies spanning the next 10 years and a couple of movies coming out every year, with no intent of stopping.
Marvel has pioneered the idea of an interconnected cinematic universe in a way never done before, and has opened up opportunities for lots of other studios to do the same.
Marvel took a nerdy hobby and turned it into a multi-billion dollar movie franchise that attracts viewers of all ages from around the world.
They took the legacy started by Martin Goodman and Jack Kirby almost over 70 years ago and breathed new life into everything it stands for.
Marvel has shown the world that they are here to stay.
As for Deadpool, we’ll be seeing him in Fox’s new movie, “Deadpool”, in theaters on February 12 and starring Ryan Reynolds.