Laguna Blanca’s 2015 Trip Week

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 12.00.08 PM
9th Graders rest during their trip to Yosemite National Park

In early September, the high school students at Laguna Blanca embarked on a variety of adventures. The annual class trips are bonding experiences allowing each grade to become more united. The freshman class went to Yosemite for a six-day outdoor experience. During that trip that class explored the natural world through hikes and picnics, all the while getting to know their fellow students. “My favorite part of Yosemite was meeting all the new people and making new friends,” said Chloe Underwood. The sophomore class went to Catalina Island, a paradise close to home. While the 10th graders stay on Catalina was short, consisting of only 3 days, they still found time to go snorkeling, kayaking, participate in a ropes course, and relax on the beach. “My favorite part of the class trip was playing kayak games and swimming in the ocean.” Aura Carlson. The Juniors traveled to the Bay Area to tour the different colleges in the area. They visited a total of 7 different schools in the San Francisco area including Berkeley, Davis, Sanford, Santa Clara, University of San Francisco, and St. Mary’s. “The Junior class trip was very informative in terms of looking at schools that one can attend in the future.” Zaira The senior class went to El Captain for their final class trip. During their class trip, the seniors enjoyed 4 days relaxing on the beach, by the pool and strengthening the bonds they had already formed. However, their trip was not all relaxation; they also had time to work on their college applications. “Ya! We just hung out and got to know the new kids in our class. We went and saw the lamas and went to the beach but also got some work done for our college applications. My favorite part was probably just going in the pool or hanging out in the cabins with my class. Haha.” Dani Abrams.beach12