The Roaming Russian: The Bay

San Francisco, but I didn’t need to tell you that, did I? How do you begin to describe the beautiful Bay? Should you count the number of fixies you see in a day or how many local organic cafes you find or just say, “This is probably the hippest city I’ve ever seen.”

In any case, my brother lives close by so I love to come up and visit him. I landed in SF and we went to this organic, gourmet (no joke) Mexican restaurant Nopalito. If you love Mexican food but are sick of the same Chipotle burrito every other day, this is the place to go. Crumbled cheese and cilantro topping, you really cant go wrong.

We also walked around Golden Gate Park, breathing in that sharp Northern California air. There’s the quaint Japanese Tea Garden inside the park with a bridge that you basically have to climb. In the evening we headed back to his apartment near Sacramento. He had just got his pilot license so we went for a spin–flew all the way to Half Moon Bay! I even held the wheel for .0005 of a second!

Of course, my brother was subject to “modeling” and waiting around while I got that perfect shot, sometimes even while up in the air.