Student Screenwriter Scores Again in 10-10-10 Competition

She did it again! Sophomore Aija Mayrock’s is a finalist in the screenwriting portion of the 10-10-10 competition for the second year in a row.
10-10-10 is a student filmmaking competition developed by the Santa Barbara International Film Festival in 2001 which takes place annually.
There is a screenwriting and filmmaking portion in the competition.
To qualify for the filmmaking portion, one must be a student currently enrolled in a Santa Barbara high school or college.
Students submit a five minute sample of their best filmmaking.
After the top five samples are  chosen by a school representative,  the five finalists’ projects are submitted to the 10-10-10 Student Filmmaking Competition Jury for final selection.
Five finalists are chosen from the high school level and five from the college level.
Each filmmaking finalist is then paired with a finalist from the screenplay competition  in their corresponding division.
They then must complete and produce a 10-minute film during the 10  days of the Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
Aija Mayrock has been selected again as a finalist for this competition.
Aija will be competing against students from Dunn High School, San Marcos High School, and Dos Pueblos High School.
When asked what the competition means to her, Aija said “I love to write and I love to tell stories. This competition is another opportunity to write and develop my work.”
“I learned a lot from last year’s competition. I learned how to work under pressure and be true to my vision. I got to meet and work with incredible talent in the industry.”
Aija said that “10-10-10 is an incredible experience for any young writer or director. All of the finalists are exposed to industry professionals who are very generous with their time and feedback. I am looking forward to this year’s competition.”